Sunday, February 9, 2014

Experimenting

I wondered what kind of effect I would get if I tore pieces of newspaper, and glued them down.. then painted in some shadows.  It came out looking  pretty cool, the shadows gave it a 3 dimensional look.  I couldn't figure out how to add painted objects over the paper though,..so I left openings to paint the ivy leaves into, but I don't know that that will work out. I'll have to try this again.
Just trying out some new things to see what happens.  I figure that if I at least just do something, things will start to happen, and more ideas will come. 
I drew a grid on this larger sheet of white mixed media paper.  And filled in the grid with a design.  Then I started to cut pieces of newspaper and other papers to fit in the spaces.  I used some white paint also to lightly go over some of the print.  I didn't have any ideas of what I would do with this, I just wanted to cut and paste and see what happened.
I used paper I had painted, and other decorative papers, and magazine paper to fill in the little shapes.  It started to look like a collection of colorful tiles, or a mosaic.  It was fun, and an interesting experience.  I don't know if I like it better in the beginning stage or how it ended up! I think I like both.



No comments:

Post a Comment