Sunday, January 26, 2014

Acrylic paint, paper and a gel printing plate...

 Winter is a drag, and it's been bitter cold....but at least it is pretty at times...this is a picture of frost on my window.
I mostly stayed in this weekend and had some fun painting paper.
I got a new item, called a gel printing plate, to make mono prints with... I had fun experimenting with it, using paint, stencils and other items to make textures and patterns in the paint.  It's always a new surprise when peeling back the paper!
 It's going to take me a while to figure out all the different techniques I can create with.
 For now... I had fun mixing colors and rolling paint on the gel plate.. not really going for anything finished.
 I liked this one, and drew leafy designs in ink following the pattern in the (dry) paint....
I cut out some leaf shapes from my other pieces of painted paper and pasted them down with gel medium.  I didn't really have a plan, but I thought I should just do something and see what happens.  I'll have to remember, that even tho the drawing ink I used was permanent, it didn't set well over the acrylic paint, it smeared when I brushed the medium over it.  So, I only brushed it where there was no ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment